For over 30 years AFAA has provided generations of instructors with practical skills and hands-on experience needed to inspire and motivate the world to move towards happier and healthier lives. AFAA Group Fitness Instructor Certification (AFAA GFI)is built on the foundation of AFAA’s reputation as a leader and innovator of group-based fitness. Not only will AFAA’s new course provide for all of the necessary entry-level skills to become an in-demand instructor, it will inform instructors about the format-specific classes and help instructors navigate various career paths within the fitness industry.
- Includes online study material with access to technique and lectures videos, Group Fitness Digital Book, Study Guide and Practice Exam
- Exam to be booked at a later date (included in the course fee)
- Next course dates for 2019 TBA shortly!
- $1025 Early Bird Special (before TBA), The full price is $1100
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
The AFAA Group Fitness Instructor course provides real-life application to specific exercise formats, examples of cueing, communication, and instruction. As you progress through the AFAA Group Fitness Instructor programme, you will work towards achieving competency in the following areas:
- Demonstrate comprehension of fundamental scientific concepts related to exercise science;
- Design a well structured and balanced fitness class or workout for a diverse group of participants that is both safe and effective;
- Demonstrate comprehension of key instruction and presentation skills necessary for effective group instruction;
- Demonstrate key traits of professionalism as a group fitness instructor; and
- Demonstrate the key skills and knowledge required to be a competent group fitness instructor.
During the 2-day training the following topics will be covered either through class lectures, class activities, quizzes and/or independent study:
- The group fitness industry
- Foundations of Exercise Science
- The Human Movement System
- Integrated Fitness
- Teaching Basics
- Teaching: Multi-training and Exercise Technique
- Class Planning and Preparation
- Adapting to Class Dynamics
- Communication and Learning
- Inclusive Instruction for Special Populations
- Class Engagement and Motivation
- Professional and Legal Responsibilities
What’s included in the AFAA Group Fitness Instructor Certification (AFAA GFI):
- AFAA Group Fitness Instructor 2-day LIVE course (16 hours)
- AFAA Principles of Group Fitness Instruction textbook
- AFAA Group Fitness Instruction digital book
- AFAA Group Fitness Instructor online trainer resources
- AFAA Group Fitness Instructor online exercise resources
- AFAA Group Fitness Instructor online sample workouts
- AFAA Group Fitness Instructor online chapter quizzes
- AFAA Group Fitness Instructor online study guide
- AFAA Group Fitness Instructor online practice exam
- AFAA Group Fitness Instructor International Final exam ( 3 attempts)
Start your journey by learning:
How to design, choreograph and teach a group fitness class. Essentials of exercise and physiology. Training on modalities, aquatic exercise, kickboxing, circuit training, dance, yoga, and pilates. Foundations of nutrition and weight management. How to adapt for special populations, like pregnant and senior participants. Business skills and professional responsibilities.
Lisa J Hamlin
Lisa J. Hamlin, AFAA Master Instructor and International Educator with over 30-years’ in the fitness industry, developed numerous live and online AFAA instructor training programs and created and produced several fitness DVDs. Lisa presents at major health and fitness conferences worldwide and is actively involved with U.S. Military Fitness Leader training. She writes articles regularly for fitness magazines and made a guest appearance on National Television, “The Good Morning Show”. Her credentials include over twenty certifications in Personal Training, Group Exercise and a variety of specialty formats. Lisa is known throughout the fitness industry for her remarkable energy and creative choreography.