Active Isolated Stretching (AIS) conditioning was originally designed for high performance athletes but has been refined over the last 20 years to also treat injuries and chronic disorders of the musculoskeletal system. Regular AIS treatment increases both strength and flexibility thus reducing joint wear and tear. This enables us to enjoy the sports and activities we love in a pain free body well into old age!
This is a 3-day course (8 hours each day) and includes an AIS manual book, a stretch rope and access to other tools used by the top trainers and physios in sports performance.
- Learn various postural evaluation techniques, gait analysis, weight distribution and body compensation. How to develop training programs to address the muscle imbalance and design treatment protocols for your clients which include a holistic approach to assessing, treating and evaluating outcomes.
- Delivered by Internationally renowned trainer and lecturer, Dr Kenny Wong
- 2.4 ACE CEC’s | 1.9 NASM CEU’s
- Course date is 30-31-01 October/November 2020
- Early Bird Price $1250 (until 27/09/20) Regular Price $1400
Who Is the Course for?
This is a great program for trainers who have an interest in corrective exercise and improving human movement. The techniques learnt can be largely incorporated into training programmes for performance, athletes, elderly and post-surgery patients. The goal of the course is to educate the instructor how to effectively demonstrate, program, cue and modify a stretch class of different skill levels and ranges of flexibility to both individuals and groups. As well as plan and deliver individualised stretch programs for their clients.
One skill that separates a great trainer from their peers is the ability to correct movement dysfunction to improve the quality of life for their clients!
After the course students will be able to:
- Use various postural evaluation techniques to asses one’s postural alignment
- Effectively use gait analysis, weight distribution, body compensation & postural assessments
- Learn the in-depth anatomy of the shoulder and hips
- Understand the condition of Janda’s upper crossed and lower crossed syndromes
- Develop training programs to address a range of muscle imbalance conditions
- Design a well catered treatment protocol for your clients, which includes a holistic approach to assessment, treatment and evaluation of program outcomes.
3-Day Course structure
Day 1 – An introduction to Janda’s upper crossed and lower crossed syndromes, anatomy of the shoulder girdle and scapula, postural evaluation techniques and AIS stretching protocol for the shoulders & chest.
Day 2 – Anatomy of the pelvic girdle and hips relative to Janda’s syndromes and stretching protocol for the pelvic girdle and hips.
Day 3 – Strength protocol for the pelvic girdle and hips and building effective treatment protocols for your clients.
Dr Kenny Wong, Bsc, Dip RMT, MSc,DO
Kenny has a both a Doctorate of Osteopathy and a Masters degree in Exercise Science. His work has taken him around the globe and he has conducted workshops and training courses in Australia, Hong Kong, Malaysia and more recently, in Singapore. His seminars focus on manual therapy and building effective training programs for performance and rehabilitation.