Autism Fitness Certification Level 1
In Level 1, you’ll uncover the complex intersection of Applied Behavior Analysis, Learning Styles & Systems in Education and Exercise Sciences, that together forms the underlying functional framework of Autism Fitness. You’ll explore Autism – the medical history, symptoms, and evidence based strategies to overcome known developmental deficits, plus unique ways to adapt fitness programming to meet these unique needs.
There is no other training like this in the world and a must if you’re planning or already are bringing fitness programs to those with autism. Eric Chessen’s Autism Fitness Certification is the culmination of Autism Fitness programming strategies tested, implemented, and refined over a decade.
Who is this for: Fitness Professionals, Behavior Therapists, Special Educators, Occupational and Physical Therapists, Speech Pathologists, Totally Rad Parents, and other professionals working with the ASD population.
What should you expect: Two full days of conceptual and hands-on learning with Autism Fitness Founder Eric Chessen, M.S. Through a blend of online and live education you will learn how to develop outstanding, effective fitness programs for any individual with autism.
- Be the first to attend this internationally recognised program here in Singapore
- You will explore Autism – the medical history, symptoms, and evidence based strategies to overcome known developmental deficits, plus unique ways to adapt fitness programming to meet these unique needs
- Lean directly from founder Eric Chessen
- 1.4 ACE CEC’s
- 4th & 5th May 2019 (FULL)
Next intake 16th & 17th November 2019
- Super Early Bird SG$745 (before 14th July), Early Bird SG$795 (before 15th September), Regular SG$895
- Fitness Professionals – Everything you need to activate an enriching career as a medical fitness specialist.
- Therapists – An evolved approach to improving development, health and overall well-being in those with autism.
- Educators – Create adaptive programming solutions that eliminate barriers to learning faced in the modern classroom.
- Parents / Caregivers – Play a critical role in developing vital independence and socialization skills across the lifespan of those you love.
What you will learn
The exam has two parts; multiple choice and a short answer exam + video submission section. Part II (short answer/video) consists of video review and feedback on programming and behavior strategies. The video submissions require demonstration of programming, positive behavior support, and coaching/cuing. The participant can use any partner they choose as an athlete for the video demonstration. Exam takers are given two chances to pass part II (if a video submission does not meet criteria, notes are provided by me or another exam grader) and the participant has 1 week to re-submit. Should they not pass after the 2nd video, there is a $120USD fee for re-taking and we set up a Zoom or Skype call to review the skills/concepts that need to be addressed.
ERIC CHESSEN, M.S.
Founder of Autism Fitness
When just beginning his career as a fitness trainer over fifteen years ago, Eric had the opportunity to develop fitness programs for teens on the autism spectrum and undergo high level ABA training both clinically and academically. As he became increasingly dedicated to working with this unique population, Eric found a near-total lack of information concerning best practices and approaches when creating fitness programs for those with autism.
Steadily, and over the course of a decade working with hundreds of athletes who had significant variance in their ability levels, he began to create the outline for Autism Fitness as a business and mission; providing not just fitness programs, but effective and reliable fitness programs for every individual with autism and related disabilities. Autism Fitness was to serve as a bridge between the professional fitness and autism communities (families, educators, and therapists).
Today, with his athletes in the greater New York Area, the Autism Fitness Toolbox, and the Autism Fitness Certified Practitioner program, Eric continues to build a gateway towards a more optimal, independent future for the ASD community and future generations. When not working with his athletes he is either in the gym, playing outside with friends, or reading.