What's this course about?
Approximately 600 – 700 million obese people globally are causing the ‘globesity’ epidemic and they are struggling with obstacles that have kept them from eating better moving more and making their health a priority. You can help them by facilitating sustainable lifestyle change that leads to weight loss, healthy eating, regular physical activity and overall well-being. You will learn to communicate with clients undergoing stress, apprehension and insecurity to truly empower them and improve client experience, adherence and success. Understand macronutrient science & roles, supplements and popular diets to better explain nutrition and suggestions to your clients with a practical approach. Design safe and effective exercise program with appropriate frequency, intensity and duration to help clients achieve their fitness goal. This course will show you how you can start applying them immediately in your own practice!
- Facilitate sustainable lifestyle change that leads to weight loss, healthy eating, regular physical activity and overall well-being
- Learn from the Managing Director of Fit Asia, Suzanne Hosley
- Must hold current NCCA-accredited certification or license in fitness, nutrition, health care, wellness, human resources or a related field OR an associate’s degree or higher from an accredited college or university in fitness, exercise science, nutrition, health care, wellness, human resources or a related field
- Next Course 4th, 5th & 6th May and 17th 18th May 2018 (5-day Course)
- Early Bird Price $1350 (before 06/04/18) Regular $1500
- Introduction to Health Coaching & Physiology of Obesity
- Health Behaviour Science & Helping Clients Establish Self-Reliance
- Communication Strategies for Effective Coaching
- Screening and Assessment
- Programme Design and Implementation – Exercise Programming
- Fitness Nutrition – Macronutrient Science and Roles
- Fitness Nutrition – Supplements and Diets
- Nutrition Programming – Evaluation
- Nutrition Programming – Educating Clients
- Case Studies
What is a Health Coach
The field of health coaching offers a truly exciting and rewarding opportunity for individuals who are passionate about health and wellness to actively collaborate with clients and patients, assisting them in unlocking their full potential to live healthy lifestyles. From managing stress and setting goals, to eating healthy and regularly engaging in physical activity, the health coach serves the unique role of empowering people to take ownership of their own health, and to discover their own motivation for lasting behavior change.
Although the health coach profession is continuing to expand, this course offers a guided view of its current roles, and addresses emerging areas of opportunity that will further allow the profession to thrive. Those areas especially include positions in fitness, healthcare and workplace wellness.
All Fit Course Materials (ACE Health Coach Manual available)
ACE certifications are valid for 2 years, and must be renewed through submission of 20 hours or more of ACE-approve continuing education, current CPR/AED certificate, and applicable renewal fees.
This course will prepare for to sit the American Council on Exercise (ACE) pencil and paper exam – 150 multiple choice questions, of which you need to score 500 out of 800 points.
If you choose to sit for the ACE Health Coach exam, you need to:
- Be at least 18 years old and hold a current CPR/AED certification with a live skills check.
- SUBMIT PROOF for one of the following before registering for your exam:
- Current NCCA-accredited certification or license in fitness, nutrition, health care, wellness, human resources or a related field.
- An associate’s degree or higher from an accredited college or university in fitness, exercise science, nutrition, health care, wellness, human resources or a related field.
- At least two years of comparable work experience in any of the industries specified above.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will receive FIT Health Coach Certificate of Attendance
Managing Director Fitness Innovations Thailand
Suzanne has over 20 years experience in education and training in Asia, with a Doctorate in Learning from Macquarie University, a Master of Business Administration from the National University of Singapore and a Bachelor Degree in Psychology from McGill University. She managed a project to set up the first business school in Vietnam, the graduate management programme at Shinawatra University in Thailand and has been an avid fitness enthusiast all her life. She is an ACE certified Personal Trainer and Lifestyle and Weight management Consultant, ACSM Certified Personal Trainer & NSCA Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist. She specializes in management, psychology, leadership, motivation and communication skills