- Learn assessment techniques, the most common causes of pain and movement dysfunction, how to use Active Isolated Stretching (AIS) to improve strength and increase ROM.
- Delivered by Internationally renowned trainer and lecturer, Liam Harkness
- Course date is 15th February 2019
- Early Bird Price $349 (before 03/02/19) Regular Price $399
Is this for you?
This is great program for trainers who have an interest in corrective exercise and improving human movement. The goal of this course is to introduce students to the benefits of a neuromuscular approach to stretching and give them a series of exercises and drills used by top athletic coaches. By the end of the day students will be able to recognize and reverse the two most common faulty or compensatory movement patterns that lead to pain and injuries.
We will also look at the benefits of stretching vs massage or foam rolling and why some muscles respond better to isolated activation techniques rather than compound strength exercises.
One skill that seperates a great trainer from their peers is the ability to correct movement dysfunction to improve the quality of life for their clients! After the course students will be able to:
- Asess basic movement and understand the muscle compensation patterns that lead to joint overloading and common injuries
- Understand the science behind active assisted stretching and preform adequate stretching thecniques on the 5 main muscle groups that affect posture and movement
- Build training programs to realign muscle tonicity and function
- Provide remedial exercises to clients that help decompress joints and relieve pain
1 Day intro to AIS Program
8:45 Introduction to the course and lecturers & introduction to AIS – Who is Aaron Mattes?
9:00 Why active – Why Isolated – Why Stretch? Why so many sport & training injuries? Principles of Biomechanics – Sherrington’s law: Neons 3 law of inertia: Davies’ lawIntroduction to Janda’s syndromes – Kyphosis, LordosisPostural evaluation techniques:
– The Grid Standing: Frontal and Sagittal prance analysis- The relevance of good posture in Seating, Standing, Sleeping positions and the limitations of corrective exercise
– Students to pair up and asses partners posture
10:00 Anatomy of the shoulder joint
10:30 Stretching techniques for the chest and shoulders
12:00 Strength and activation techniques for the upper body
14:00 Anatomy of the hips and pelvis
14:30 Stretching techniques for the legs and hips
16:00 Strength and activation techniques for the lower body
17:30 Review & question
Liam graduated as a sports therapist in the UK in 1995 and has built an international reputation as both a manual therapist and health consultant. His client list includes Champions league winning football stars, Olympic gold medalists as well as Oscar winning movie celebrities. He has a wealth of knowledge but bases his approach to movement and rehabilitation through Aaron Mattes’ Active Isolated Conditioning program or AIS.