Upon completion of this 9-hour course, the instructor/personal trainer will be eligible to coach MASHUP® wherever they choose.
VIIT is the New HIIT!
MASHUP® is the first established Variable – Intensity Interval Training (VIIT) group fitness program in the industry offering Mind/Body, Agility & Strength, and High-intensity Intervals specifically designed for three progressive fitness levels in every workout. VIIT is a research-based circuit training concept in which you rotate between very intense anaerobic periods (HIIT) with medium-intensity (strength) and low-intensity (mind/body) active recovery periods for a shorter, more effective workout. It does not require a club/gym license. The program design and fundamentals are necessary to successfully complete and succeed in the fitness industry as a Certified MASHUP® Coach.
The course includes an introduction to the development and background of MASHUP®, a class demonstration, the science and benefits of Variable-intensity Interval Training (VIIT), sample exercises pertaining to Mind/Body (Yoga/Pilates), Agility & Strength, and High- intensity Intervals, practicum of combining all three modalities into three format sequences, explanation and/or execution of three fitness levels for safety, equipment/music considerations, business integrity, written examination, video examination, and post-workshop video submission and review.
- Learn the science and benefits of Variable-intensity Interval Training (VIIT), sample exercises pertaining to Mind/Body (Yoga/Pilates), Agility & Strength, and High- intensity Intervals, practicum of combining all three modalities into three format sequences, explanation and/or execution of three fitness levels.
- Join the first Certification Training in Singapore starlight from USA
- 10th March 2019 from 9am to 5pm
- $270 Early Bird (before 10/02/19) Regular $325
- 0.7 ACE CEC’s
- One intensive full-day live workshop, followed by individual post workshop examination & i lecture (3 hrs)
- Reference manual with several hundred sample exercises to implement within the 3 modalites and 3 sample workouts
- Three high-energy playlists required to use for each of the three formats with coaching commands embedded from start to finish
- Three whiteboard templates w/suction cups required to utilize during class
- 0.7 ACE/ 11 AFAA/ 1.1 NASM CECs
- Early registration $270/ Late registration $325, fitness groups of 5 or more can access a group discount. Additional new monthly playlists, sample workouts, and discounts on apparel are optional
- A free T-shirt, tank top or hat
Instructors/Personal Trainers wishing to enroll in this certification workshop must possess a positive and professional image; have effective communication skills, and a desire to help individuals achieve optimal wellness.
- Learn and understand the components of a holistic training philosophy and MASHUP®’s key holistic factors for successful program implementation.
- Identify and relate science and benefits of delivering a Variable-intensity Interval Training program that combines Mind/Body, Agility & Strength, and High-intensity Intervals for 3 fitness levels in every class.
- Accurately identify and apply exercises as appropriate to each modality:
- Agility & Strength
- High-intensity Intervals
- Identify and assess participant’s health conditions and fitness levels.
- Demonstrate safety for all participants
- Learn inclusive terminology for three progressive fitness levels and accurately execute allexercise
s for these levels every time in 15 seconds or less.
- Identify physiological, anatomical, and psychological conditions affecting ability to exercise.
- Monitor exercise intensity and utilize effective strategies to correct movements as appropriate for the level of intensity in order to prevent injury.
- Implement effective communication skills with participants (provide effective pre-cueing, cueing, and maintaining eye contact)
- Learn and implement the MASHUP® formats safely and effectively
- Learn equipment considerations
- Equipmentd. Apparel
- Understand basic tenets of health and the coaches’ role in promotion of optimal wellness of participants during their workout and beyond
- Emphasize significance of health tenets (proper nutrition, sleep and additionalhealthy lifestyle factors) on achieving fitness goals and optimal wellness
- 8. Comply with MASHUP® business integrity
- Maintain requirements for coaching MASHUP® (Current BLS, Current Nationally Group Fitness or Personal Training certification, speciality certification or degree in a related area)
- Uphold individual and certifying body’s professionalism and integrity
- Utilize MASHUP® Resources appropriately as needed