Learn how to maximise your running performance from award winning presenter Ranell Hobson.
From 800m to 42km’s learn everything you need to maximise your own and your clients’ performance. This course has something for everyone, from the Fitness professional to the Recreational runner, you will finish this two-day course with an understanding of the science, programming and practical competencies required to program for, and train runners to personal best performances.
- Educator Ranell Hobson is a Running Mechanics Specialist with over 20 years experience educating Fitness Professionals and has presented workshops and courses all over the world.
- This 2-DAY Course will give you the science, programming and practical competencies required to program for, and train runners to personal best performances.
- ACE CEC’s (TBC)
- Course Dates 17th & 18th August 2018 from 9am to 5pm
- $575 Early Bird Price (before 20/07/2018) $650 Regular
This course includes:
- Course Manual
- 5 Sample Training Programs 800-1500m, 5km, 10km, Half Marathon and Marathon
- In Course Multiple Choice Exam
- Certificate of Completion
- The science of running – physiological adaptations that enhance training and performance
- Biomechanics of Running and Proper running technical drills
- Running Economy, VO2Max, Lactate Threshold and Maximum Running Speed
- How to beat Fatigue
- Programming for Runners – including Distance Specific Programs
- Strength training for runners
- Mobilisation and Injury prevention
- Running Nutrition
- Psychological strategies to improve running performance
WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING
“It was great to meet you guys. Please reiterate to Ranell that I received some great feedback on the session, and that the department really enjoyed and took a lot from the workshop.”– Will Abbot – Brighton Hove Albion FC Academy
“I really enjoyed having you visit – the work is being implemented and sparked excellent discussions within the team which is great news for me.” – Alek Gross – Southampton FC Head of Academy.
“Ranell is an expert in speed” – Des Ryan, Arsenal FC Academy Head of Athletic Development
“I’ve heard she is the coach of my dreams” – mother of FNSW NPL1 u/18 female soccer player suffering recurring non-contact leg injuries.
“…really agree with everything you guys do” Darren Burgess, Former Head of High Performance Port Adelaide AFL, now Arsenal FC UK.
“Sound principles and great application in team sports!” Lachlan Wilmot, Former Head Strength & Conditioning Coach GWS Giants AFL, now Head of Athletic Development Parramatta Eels NRL
“Ranell’s knowledge & application is phenomenal” James Baker, Aspire Academy Qatar, Child-to-Champion UK conference convenor.
“A great workshop” Des Ryan, Head of Sports Science, Arsenal FC Youth Academy
“Ranell is at the forefront of youth sports development in Australia”
Gary Raffety, Head Physiologist, Australian Youth Football Institute
“If you ever have the opportunity to attend one of Ranell’s speed workshops do not miss it”
Jack Pullin, Manchester City FC Academy
“Brilliant discussion and Practical work” Brad Newton, Strength and Conditioning Coach, Adelaide Crows FC AFL.
MS (Sp. Coach); BA (Db Mj: Sp. Sci & Coach.); Grad Dip (Edu -VET); CSCS (NSCA); ASCA L2; ATFCA L3
Ranell is co-founder of the Academy of Sport Speed & Agility in Australia. As Head Coach and Training Director she works with youth to open level athletes across a myriad of sports. Ranell has a Master’s degree in Sport Coaching (GPA 6.5) and a Bachelor degree in Sport Science and Coaching. Ranell’s specialisation is in running and running mechanics, maximising athletic movement to decrease injury and improve efficiency.
For ten years Ranell was the Head Teacher of the Sport & Fitness department at WSI TAFE before moving full time into coaching. An award-winning teacher and presenter Ranell delivers workshops and courses in maximising athletic performance through scientific understandings of physiological adaptations, programming and movement competency.
She has presented workshops and courses all over the world, most notably at youth academies of EPL clubs Arsenal, Southampton, Brighton, Crystal Palace, Leicester and Wigan Athletic. She is also a World Record holding Masters track sprinter and regular medal winner at World Masters Championships in 60m. She is one of the fastest starters in the World for her event.
Ranell brings to her workshops and courses an environment that facilitates discussion and coach interaction, where evidence-based learning is paramount and excellence of drill execution is displayed and participation is encouraged.