Muay Thai Kickboxing for Personal Trainers Level 1 and 2
Looking to spice up your clients programs? How about incorporate Muaythai kickboxing into your clients’ aerobic and anaerobic fitness training!
WHO IS IT FOR
- Fitness Professionals
- Strength and Conditioning Professionals
- Learn different Muaythai kickboxing drills, combos and most importantly, the formats that you can use and modify to make it suitable for different training or programming phases and goals
- 1.5 ACE CEC’s
- Upcoming course dates: TBA 2020, 9am to 5pm each day
- August intake FULL new dates coming soon
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- How to conduct a safe, non-contact form of modern kickboxing that’s quick, easy and safe
- The science, structure and methodology behind the moves
- Progressive programme design
- The fundamental techniques for kicking, punching, pad holding, safety and coaching cues, both physical and verbal
- Combo variations with focus mitts and Thai pads
- Numerous warm up exercises, as well as static and dynamic stretching
- Intermediate to advanced footwork and striking techniques (punches, elbows, knees and kicks), defensive and offensive techniques, as well as Muaythai kickboxing combo variations
- Advanced coaching cues
- Programme design
- Safe and effective methods of using equipment like kick bags and belly pads
Muaythai Kickboxing for Personal Trainers Level 1 is a one-day, hands-on martial arts course that introduces you to the art of being a Muaythai coach. Muaythai kickboxing combines modern fitness concepts with traditional Muaythai fighting techniques. Through this course, you’ll learn everything from the science and biomechanics of Muaythai, down to the best coaching cues that you can use to motivate your clients. As a result, you’ll be able to create both individual and group workouts for your clients without the sparring elements of fights.
Have you completed Level 1 of Muaythai Kickboxing for Personal Trainers? Congratulations, you are now ready for Level 2, where you’ll learn intermediate to advance footwork, striking techniques and more Muaythai kickboxing combo variations. In this course, you’ll also acquire the knowledge necessary to combine all these into your programme design, based on your clients’ goals, specific needs and progression.
Handouts, course manual and/or presentation slides
Upon meeting all requirements of this workshop/course, you will be awarded a Certificate of Successful Workshop/Course Completion. Requirements are as such: (1) full attendance (2) completion of workshop/course (3) passing all evaluations (practical and theory exam)
Zawen has been in the fitness industry for almost 16 years. He started to fight professionally in 2011, andwas a two time state Sanda Heavyweight Champion prior to that. He has an impressive undefeated professional Muay Thai fight record.Zawen is an ACE certified personal trainer and high performance fight specialist who has trained numerous amateur fighters. In 2016, he was appointed as the first Malaysian Grandmaster Khoo Meng Yang.
Today, Zawen works as an ISKA Malaysia Course Director and Educator. He is also Head Coach atMaximus Academy (a kickboxing Muay Thai performance training centre), where he oversees a team of amateur fighters andtheir programmes. Zawen has his own daily TV segments focusing on fitness, wellness and martial arts. He currently still fights professionally.