An introduction to the fundamentals of plant-based nutrition for fitness. This course aims to address the common misconceptions about a plant-based diet, from how much protein you need, what micronutrients may be missing, to the relevance of food pairing. Whether it’s achieving lean muscle gain, improving digestion, boosting athletic performance (strength/endurance) or optimizing health, this course will provide participants with the fundamental principles of adopting and advocating a healthy plant-based diet.
- Learn why you should consider a plant-based nutrition to achieve better performance, body composition and long term health
- Delivered by Plant Based Athlete, Author and Educator Luke Tan
- 0.6 ACE CEC’s
- Course date is 6th April 2019
- Early Bird Price $300 (before 17/03/19) Regular Price $350
Is this for you?
Be it health, fitness, the environment or ethics, a vegetarian/vegan/plant-based diet is fast gaining popularity. Athletes are now turning to a plant-based diet to boost their performance while medical practitioners are now advocating a plant-based nutrition for treatment of chronic disease. So what is the best way to approach plant-based nutrition to improve body composition (lean muscle gain/fat loss), enhance recovery and optimise long term health? While staying within the scope of practice for Personal Trainers, this workshop will give you all you need to support your clients to live a fit and healthy plant-based lifestyle.
On completion of the workshops students will be able to:
- Understand why you should consider a plant-based nutrition to achieve better performance, body composition and long term health.
- Understand what are the principles of adopting/advocating a healthy plant-based diet.
- Understand how to help plant-based clients apply these principles to support a healthy and active lifestyle
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
9am to 5pm
- Challenge what you already know about nutrition and discover how to use a plant-based diet to optimise health, fitness & body composition
- Learn why you should consider plants as fuel
- But where do you get your protein? Look at the abundance of plant based protein sources
- Diet fads are they sustainable? What really is?
- Vegetarian, vegan or plant-based – What is the difference and what is healthy?
- Learn the top principles to enhance body composition, recovery and optimise long term health
- Summary of concepts
- Plant-based – The Future of Food