Safe Return to Exercise: Post-Natal Education for Fitness Professionals
WHO IS IT FOR?
For those wanting to specialise in working with mums and create a solid mum-focused fitness business, Safe Return to Exercise is the essential foundation layer.
- A holistic approach, emotional as well as physical, to help your mum clients during and after pregnancy, within the scope of practice of a fitness professional.
- Learn from Australian Pre and Post Natal Expert, Jen Dugard, founder of Body Beyond Baby
- 1.4 ACE CEC’s
- Upcoming course dates: 11-12 November 2019, 9am to 5pm each day
- Early Bird $675 (before 6 October 2019), Regular Price $750
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Defining Safe Return to Exercise
- Thoughts to promote in new mums – the emotional as well as the physical
- Changing the conversation between mums, fitness, health and medical professionals
- Educating mum
- Working within your scope of practice
- How a woman’s body changes in pregnancy
- Exercise during pregnancy
- Key points to monitor in pregnancy and post-natally – Triggers, definitions and terms you should know
THE TOP FIVE POSTNATAL CONTRAINDICATIONS
- Anatomy and function; how pregnancy and a vaginal delivery affects the pelvic floor.
- Pelvic floor weakness
- Correct pelvic floor function
- Practical Pelvic Floor – correct and incorrect pelvic floor function and how to gain insight on what
is happening on the inside from the outside.
ABDOMINAL SEPARATION AND TRANSVERSUS ABDOMINUS
- Anatomy and function; how pregnancy affects the abdominals
- Abdominal separation – What is it, how to check for it, what it means
- How to start to fix abdominal separation
- Activating from the inside out – How to activate Transversus Abdominus
- When your post-natal client should start – Guideline’s for returning to exercise
- Practical hands on and cueing
- Surgery – when is there a need to explore further?
What you will learn (continued)
- Pelvic pain
- Pubic Symphosis
WRIST PAIN AND CARPAL TUNNEL SYNDROME
- Key postural exercises your clients need to know
- Practical monitoring, changes and checks for the Top 5 Contraindications
- Learning to ask the right questions
- Learning how your clients needs may change throughout their session and over time
- Programing changes and checks into your sessions plan
- Progressions and regressions
Your pre and postnatal medical questionnaire
Trigger questions and what more do you need to know
How to interpret and work with their answers
Your first session with your postnatal client
Working with a women’s health physiotherapist
- The value and importance of working with them
- What are you asking them for?
- How to work with and interpret their advice
Other important postnatal things to understand
Handouts, course manual and/or presentation slides
You will be awarded a Certificate of Successful Workshop/Course Completion
Jen is on a mission to redefine how mums are educated and cared for, after becoming a mother. She is bringing back communities through exercise; building support networks, and linking educated personal trainers and health professionals.
Jen’s award-winning business Body Beyond Baby, was founded over nine years ago. She is the author of “How to Love your Body as Much as your Baby” and the creator of the “Safe Return to Exercise” PT accreditation.
Put simply, Jen Dugard is leading the way in training mums and provides profound insights that are changing the ways that hundreds of women are viewing their life as a mother.