Join award winning Fitness Industry educator Ranell Hobson for two days of Strength and Conditioning for seniors.
From the very frail to the senior elite, learn everything you need to create physically fit, strong, mobile and stable senior clients. This is a Practical course that compliments the Senior Fitness Specialist Theory course. Participants will spend one day in each discipline (Strength Training and Cardiovascular Conditioning) developing practical strategies to maximise training adaptations for Senior clients.
THIS COURSE INCLUDES
- Course Manual
- 6 Sample Training Programs. 1 each of Strength and Cardio-respiratory conditioning in each category of Low functioning, Higher functioning and Physically Elite Senior.
- In Course Practical Assessment
- Certificate of Completion
- Educator Ranell Hobson is an award-winning teacher and presenter who has been delivering courses and workshops to Fitness Industry Professionals for over 20 years.
- This 2-DAY Course will give you the practicals skills and knowledge to move forward with confidence in writing and delivering programs to Senior clients at any level of physical competence
- NEW Course dates 24-25 June 2020 from 9am to 5pm (postponed from 20-21 March 2020)
- Early Bird Price just $575 (before 24/05/20) Regular $650
- 1.4 ACE CEC’s
DAY 1 – Strength Training for Seniors
As Fitness Industry professionals we know that everyone can benefit from lifting weights, older adults can reap even more benefits, giving them a stronger, healthier body. Increasing their musculoskeletal strength helps them avoid injuries, falls, pain, and other issues associated with ageing.In this one-day Strength for Seniors course you will learn a full range of exercise progressions in all 6 key functional movements to provide the best specialized one-on-one training for older adults ranging from the frail to the athletic.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
- Assessments as Exercises Patterns for Competency and Confidence
- Exercises to improve Stability & Balance and reduce the risk of falls
- Exercise progressions for the Lower Body in the Physically Frail to the Physical Elite in all three functional movement patterns (Squat, Lunge and Hinge, Push, Press and Pull)
- Exercise progressions for the Upper Body in the Physically Frail to the Physical Elite in all three functional movement patterns (Push, Press and Pull)
- Maintaining Muscle-tissue Integrity and Improving Range of Motion for Enhanced Mobility
DAY 2 – Cardio-Respiratory Training for Senior
Cardio respiratory health is the key to all other factors of well being, increasing mitochondria number and size, increasing capillarisation throughout the tissues of the body and increasing the strength of the heart musculature positively impacts our quality of life providing us with energy and vigor. In this one day focus on Cardiorespiratory training for seniors you will be provided with a large bank of modalities to train your Senior Clients. Using case studies and working in groups you will build competencies in delivering fusion, fartlek, interval, continuous and simple set sessions in both aerobic and anaerobic systems.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
- Programming and Planning for the 4 Phases in the ACE Model of Cardiorespiratory Training
- Body weight based Cardiorespiratory training
- Aerobic Base Training Exercises & Programs
- Aerobic Efficiency Training Exercises & Programs
- Anaerobic Endurance Training Exercises and Programs
- Modes of Training – Steady State, Intervals and Fartlek
Ranell has been educating Fitness professionals for over 20 years. Firstly as a teacher (1997 – 2005) then as Head Teacher of the Sport and Fitness Department for TAFE NSW, Australia(2006 to 2017) Ranell taught the CIII in Fitness (Fitness Instructor) and CIV in Fitness (Personal trainer) Qualifications as well as the Diploma of Fitness (Fitness Specialist) and a myriad of other short courses. Ranell is an award winning teacher having won the NSW Quality Teaching award in 2008 and being runner up in the VET (Vocational Education and Training) Teacher of the year in 2010.
Ranell has a degree in Sport Science and Coaching and a Masters in Sports Coaching from UQ with a GPA of 6.5. Alongside her university qualifications she has both CSCS and ASCA L2 Strength and Conditioning Qualifications.
Ranell brings to her courses a fun environment that facilitates discussion and participant interaction, where evidence-based practice is paramount and participation is encouraged.