Series Tabata™ Strength
The Series Tabata™ Strength program takes Tabata’s strict timing protocol and applies it to a gradually intensifying series of exercises – culminating in a final round which aims to help you exceed 120% VO2max. You will understand how our program’s structure lets us incorporate more rounds, enabling clients to train longer with faster results.
Learn how using kettlebells developed into a strength and core training technique and which health and safety considerations are vital to their use. See how kettlebell moves are categorized and how to conduct the moves used within our program safely and effectively. Find out how to choreograph our classes using kettlebells and which options are appropriate for different levels of fitness. Discover the next level of coaching and how to apply this to a strength-focused exercise program. Learn how to effectively choreograph the mobilization for warm-up and prepare clients for the workout. Our workshop gives you the knowledge, tools, and guidance you need to deliver our program in a safe, effective, and fun way.
- Discover the next level of coaching and how to apply this to a strength-focused exercise program
- Learn the structure, science & Principles to safely incorporate strength-based movements and tools into a Series TabataTM class framework
- Course Date 12th April 2019 from 9am to 5pm
- Course Fees – Early Bird $350 (before 17th March) Regular Price $400
- COMBO Strength + Speed Cardio on 11th April just $625 (Early Bird before 17th March) Regular Price $725
- 09.00 Masterclass (class participation)
- 09.35 Break
- 09.45 Series Tabata™ Strength: Class format
- 10.05 Series Tabata™ Strength: Theory of the program
- 10.25 Series Tabata™ Strength: Science of the program
- 10.55 Kettlebells: Grinds v ballistics
- 11.20 Kettlebells: Health & safety considerations, positions
- 11.45 Break
- 11.55 Kettlebells: Technique of masic moves
- 12.20 Kettlebells: Correct use in a HIIT framework
- 12.45 Lunch
- 13.35 Series Tabata™ Strength: Advanced coaching skills 1
- 14.05 Series TabataT™ Strength: Choreographing the warm-up
- 14.35 Participant presentations
- 15.20 Break
- 15.30 Series Tabata™ Strength: Advanced coaching skills 2
- 16.00 Participant presentations
- 17.00 End of workshop
- Identify different kettlebell moves and how to conduct them safely and effectively
- Identify the structure, science and safety principles behind our classes
- Incorporate strength-based movements using kettlebells into a Series TabataTM class framework
- Expand coaching skills through advanced methodologies
This workshop is open for anyone who wants to become a Series Tabata™ (Strength) Coach. You must be 18 or older to attend.
Fitness professionals will be able to add another program to their toolbox. You will learn (theory and practice) how to choreograph and deliver our program to small groups or one a 1-1 basis. If you prefer pre-choreographed classes, you will have access to these every quarter (3 months) in our online store.
Private fitness enthusiasts will be able to add another dimension to their training. Our workshop will teach you how to conduct classes safely and effectively, ensuring that you minimize injury risk and achieve the targeted results quickly.
PRESENTER ESTEBAN MERCHÁN FOUNDER, CEO
Esteban is from Colombia and has over 16 years experience in the international fitness industry. He lived in Asia for six years, teaching in exclusive clubs California Fitness (Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam) and Pure Fitness (Singapore). Esteban is a certified instructor for Tabata, Kettlebells, TRX and Pilates and former Les Mills national presenter. He represents TRAINFITNESS in South America, delivering T3/fx instructor training workshops via Escuela de la Capacitacion para el Acondicionamiento Fisico (ECAF). He also brings Australia’s Functional Training Institute (FTI) courses to South America.
Esteban Merchán is from Colombia and has over 16 years experience in the international fitness industry. He lived in Asia for six years, teaching in exclusive clubs California Fitness (Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam) and Pure Fitness (Singapore). Esteban runs Gimnasio Universal in Barranquilla – Colombia’s first gym to offer functional training, cross-training and T3 HIIT classes. He is a certified instructor for Tabata, Kettlebells, TRX and Pilates. Esteban is a former Les Mills national presenter and trainer of trainers for BODYATTACK™ . He is also a licensed instructor for BODYATTACK™ , BODYPUMP™ , RPM™ , GRIT™ , CX WORX™ , BODYSTEP™ and BODYBALANCE™/BODYFLOW™. Esteban represents TRAINFITNESS in South America as their Education Manager, delivering T3 and fx workshops via Barranquilla’s Escuela de la Capacitacion para el Acondicionamiento Fisico (ECAF). He also offers Australia’s Functional Training Institute (FTI) courses in South America.
Cassandra Chan is from Singapore and has been active in fitness for 20 years. Cassandra is a qualified instructor for Metafit and Metapwr HIIT workouts and TRX, and also teaches step, freestyle aerobics and Pilates. She is certified in Les Mills BodyPump™, BodyCombat™ and BodyBalance™, and is pursuing her Precision Nutrition qualifications. Cassandra currently works as a life and executive coach in Asia.