This course lays the foundation for how to properly use the SMART Tools most effectively with respect to movement. The tools were made specifically for these technique protocols to produce superior patient outcomes compared to other IASTM technique. This is an evidence-based technique that stresses early loading exercises and kinesiology tape after SMART Tools treatment.
The goal of therapy is to provide an optimal environment for the healing, by either modifying physiologic responses to injury (e.g., inflammation, muscle spasms, pain) or enhancing components of the normal musculoskeletal function (e.g., increase range of motion, increased muscular strength). No single therapeutic approach in isolation will completely resolve an impairment of musculoskeletal function.
- Smart Tool Plus® represents an approach to soft tissue manipulation that uses five different stainless steel instruments to release scar tissue, adhesions, and fascial restrictions
- Be one of the first Smart Tools Certified in Singapore
- Super Early Bird (before 28th September 2018) $1300
Early Bird Special Price (before 19th October 2018) $1400
Regular Price $1500
- Next intake 15th & 16th November 2018 *all prices are inclusive of the 5 Piece Smart Tools Set
Smart Tool Plus® represents an approach to soft tissue manipulation that uses five different stainless steel instruments to release scar tissue, adhesions, and fascial restrictions. SMART Tools are designed to be used in conjunction with a thorough medical evaluation, movement based examination and other modalities to help patients overcome injuries.
Therapeutic stretches and exercises (preferably eccentric exercises) are necessary to promote tissue lengthening and collagen fiber realignment, which help to prevent the released tissue from becoming restricted again.
The primary objective of the Level 1 Certification course is to develop an understanding of the STP and how to apply it into the full spectrum of the musculoskeletal treatment approaches. By the end of the training, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of the STP Instruments, STP treatments and potential effects and benefits.
- Identify and discuss the indications, contraindications (relative and absolute) of IASTM.
- Review and develop a better understanding of soft tissue injury, healing and potential reactivity to instrument-assisted soft tissue mobilization (therapeutic and adverse).
- Develop skill and competence in the STP application of the IASTM to the major regions of the spine and extremities.