Currently partnering with F1 Recreation, Fit Singapore are pleased to be offering two great Trigger Point Therapy Training Courses. Take your knowledge beyond foam rolling! There’s many health benefits of trigger point therapy, such as reducing injuries, increasing natural movement and increasing mobility. It can relieve joint and muscle pains and noticeably improve flexibility. It is an empowering and rewarding therapy training form that can be scaled to all fitness levels and group sizes.
What Activates a Trigger Point?
Each muscle has potential trigger points which can become activated by muscle overuse, inflammation, trauma, electrolyte imbalances, infections and nerve pain.
These trigger points can cause pain over the muscle affected or refer pain and thus be felt in another area of the body. Other trigger points are only felt when the muscle is directly palpated by the therapist.
How Can Trigger Point Therapy Help You?
Trigger Point Therapy is for almost everyone. Muscles with active trigger points are always weaker than normal muscles and unable to move through their full range of motion. Often because they are unable to perform their normal function, other muscles are recruited to perform the activity of the compromised muscle. These secondary muscles can go on to develop trigger points themselves if the original muscle is not treated
- Learn innovative programming and stay a step ahead of the competition with a system designed to empower people by encouraging natural movement and reducing injuries.
- Level 1 includes Pro Mobility Pack + Manual
Level 2 includes Wellness Kit + Manual
- Next Course dates –
Foam Rolling Practice & Principles (L1) 24th May 2019
Myofascial Compression Techniques (L2) 31st May 2019
- L1 Early Bird $190 (before 03/05/19) Regular $230
L2 Early Bird $430 (before 03/05/19) Regular $490
COMBO Price just $600 inclusive of all tools & manuals
LEVEL 1 – Foam Rolling Practice & Principles
Self-myofascial release (SMR) has been shown to relieve muscle and joint pains and improve flexibility and range of motion. This 4-hour workshop teaches the fundamentals of myofascial, reviews the latest SMR research and then dives into the Trigger Point Performance SMR movement philosophy using the GRID foam roller. Participants walk away with practical knowledge and hands-on experience coaching and cueing movements that can be scaled to all-levels of general health and athletic clients for pre- and post-workout foam rolling.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
- Learn the anatomical & biomechanical benefits of foam rolling
- Understand the contraindications associated with foam rolling
- Learn foam rolling methods appropriate for specific releases along the kinetic chain
- Understand and apply the methods of foam rolling into population specific programming
- General Wellness
0.4 ACE CEC’s
There are no Prerequisites to take this Trigger Point Professional Education Course. Continuing Education Credits (CECs) will only be applied to certified fitness professionals.
Level 2 – Myofascial Compression Techniques
Take your knowledge beyond foam rolling by learning the practical applications behind TriggerPoint’s deep tissue tools designed to increase mobility and improve performance through improved biomechanics. Covering 14 areas of the body, this course provides an in-depth knowledge of how to use and teach Myofascial Compression Techniques to increase the performance and training results your clients demand.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
- Learn the applications of Myofascial Compression Techniques (MCT)
- Review the foundation of MCT and understand the terminology associated with MCT
- Understand the contraindications of MCT
- Learn the anatomical and biomechanical benefits of MCT
- Learn the TriggerPoint™ coaching and cueing techniques
0.8 ACE CEC’s
Eligible students must have completed Level 1 Course in order to enrol on Level 2. Continuing Education Credits (CECs) will only be applied to certified fitness professionals.