SAFE, EFFECTIVE & FUN TRAINING PROGRAMS
Motivate youth directing them towards of lifetime love of fitness and learn how to tailor fitness programs designed specifically for a young population.
Worldwide Trends in Childhood Obesity
Increasing rates of childhood obesity have been reported in many countries over the last 20 to 30 years. Similarly, the prevalence of childhood overweight/obesity in Singapore has increased over the past few decades and currently stands at 11%.
Obesity ranks as the fifth leading risk for death globally Childhood obesity is an international public health concern as it is associated not only with an increased risk of adult obesity and non-communicable diseases (e.g. cardiovascular diseases, cancers, diabetes), but also with a number of immediate health-related problems (e.g. hypertension, insulin resistance). The risk factors for obesity include a sedentary lifestyle and consumption of energy-dense and nutrient-poor foods and beverages.
What’s this course about?
This workshop helps prepare individuals for the Youth Exercise Specialist certificate, covering the science behind appropriate youth assessment and programming to deliver training solutions throughout their growth and development.
Learn how to create safe, effective and individualized programs to set kids on the path to a lifetime of fitness and them with the tools to battle sedentary lifestyles, helping to shape the adults they’ll become. On completion of this course, you will be able to assist clients aged 6 to 19 achieve their fitness goals, from improving sport skills, increasing physical activity levels to achieving weight loss. You’ll have the knowledge and skills to develop a fun and safe plan of action, specific to youth needs and different developmental stages.
Who will benefit?
Fitness Instructor, Personal Trainer & Group Fitness Instructor
Upon Completing this workshop:
- Show kids how to have fun while improving their sports skills, increasing their physical activity level, and losing weight
- Train young people in groups or individually using the Optimum Performance Training™ (OPT™) model
- Provide training solutions for after-school programs, youth sports teams, and the children of adult clients
- Curtail the youth obesity trend at the source with exercise and nutritional guidance
- Describe the need for youth programming
- Discuss key anatomical, physiological and psychological considerations for working with youth populations
- Conduct age-appropriate assessments
- Design and implement effective integrated programs for health, fitness and performance in youth
- Discuss the unique nutritional and hydration needs of the youth population for exercise
- Describe key strategies for marketing your services as a Youth Exercise Specialist