Participants will learn to use and integrate the TRX® Suspension Trainer, TRX® Rip Trainer, ViPR® , Kettlebells, weighted sandbags, battling ropes, BOSU®, Fit Ball and more into a functional program targeting movement, strength and power. They will learn over 60 exercises – how they benefit and target muscles and movement, how to properly perform and cue them and modifications and progressions to adapt the exercises to every fitness level and goal.
Upon completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the basics of using each equipment for functional training
- Analyse body movement for activities of daily life and sports so as to design targeted programs
- Prescribe a variety of exercises using a variety of techniques and a variety of equipment that progress clients from isolated, single joint muscle exercises to multiple joint, multiple plane movement
- Select equipment that is most appropriate for the training goal and client.
- Correctly and safely train and spot clients using these techniques
The course progresses from reviewing the definition, benefits and characteristics of functional training, to working through exercise variations using and integrating at least 5 different functional training tools, outlining the benefits of each type of equipment and their appropriateness for particular situation and clients. Participants learn over 60 exercises – how they benefit and target muscles and movement, how to properly perform and cue them and modifications and progressions.
Finally, the participants will learn the basics of movement analysis and learn how to design functional training programs for a variety of clients using a variety of different tools.
Who is teaching?