The Pregnant and Post– Partum Clients course covers the physiological changed associated with pregnancy and explains how these changes require changes in the design of exercise programs for this special population. Both personal training programs and group fitness classes are discussed. Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to :
- Describe the major anatomical, physiological, skeletal and risk factors of pregnant and post-partum clients.
- Explain the benefits and fetal risks of exercise during pregnancy and after birth.
- Explain the particular health concerns and contraindications for exercise for pregnant and post-partum clients.
- Demonstrate, explain and spot some of the most common exercise used for strength training, flexibility and cardiovascular exercise for pregnant and postpartum clients.
- Design exercise programme based on the specific needs of these clients.
- Physiology of Pregnancy covers the variety of bodily changes that occurs throughout pregnancy and after giving birth and their implications for exercise prescription
- Benefits of Physical activity includes the physiological, psychological and social benefits of exercise for pregnant women
- Principles and techniques of exercise covers the most common exercises used in cardiorespiratory training, strength training and flexibility for pregnant and postpartum women and also covers the contraindications and safety issues involved
- Programming guidelines introduces participants to the principles of program development base on the varying needs of women in different stages of pregnancy, including client assess
Who Will Be Teaching?
Education and Qualifications:
- ACE – CPT/WFS
- NASM – CPT
- The Integrated Systems Model for Treating Women
- Post Graduate Diploma in Education
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management
Fitness Specialisation: Pre and Postnatal Fitness, Women’s Health
Achievements: Singapore Fitness Model Search 2014, 2nd Runner Up
Hobbies: Spending time with my husband and my twins
Favorite Workout Type: Heading Outdoors, Running, Sport Climbing, Heading into the weights room
Most Common Food: Lotsa stir fried Greens, Fried Vege Rice, Ramen, Sushi, Thosai
Next intake: 28th October 2017
Early Bird Price (before 22nd September): $270
Regular Price: $300