Another week has passed by and Team Fit Singapore were working out their Wednesday in true fitness style with AFC Personal Trainer of the Year winner, Glenn Ang.
Glenn who owns RAW Active, located at The Adelphi, Singapore, took us though our paces to share with us his personal ethos and values surrounding fitness.
“As a professional Fitness Architect and Health Coach, my main passion is guiding people towards a healthier lifestyle. Every body is unique; each with their own strengths and limitations. My method is to build a custom plan based on your shape, size, and fitness goals. My aim is not only to transform your body, but to influence you in making more mindful decisions when it comes to your health.”
Raw Active exists to motivate, educate & grow people to optimal levels of performance and vitality. They are driven to support by empowering people to reach their full potential and Glen definitely shared this ethos during the session here with our team at Fit Singapore.
Raw Active believe in training full spectrum of movement training or what Glenn calls hybrid training (traditional linear training + unloaded and loaded movement training) to ensure the human body will receive multiple benefits. This is definitely what the Fit Team got to experience with Glen, so take a peak!
Our Workout Wednesday session was designed to train movement, not muscle (although I’m pretty sure we all felt our muscles both during and after the workout)!!
Glenn set out to introduce both bodyweight and loaded movement training to the human body to gain mobility and strength as well as creating length to the body i.e. the hunchback posture in long duration of sitting as oppose to upright posture. For the Fit Team who are at the desk most of the day this lengthening and mobilising exercise is important.
If you want to try a taster of the session the set yourself 30 mins today to try out the below!
- Station 1: Single Leg Balance + Reach
- Work on: Strengthening Superficial Back Line/ Posterior Chain Muscle Group
- Station 2: Reverse Lunge + Slamball Slam
- Work on: Creating length on Superficial Front Line/ Anterior Chain Muscle Group
- Station 3: Lateral Shuffle + Opposite arm reach
- Work on: Working on Functional Back Line/ rotation movement
- Station 4: Side lunge + opposite side Plate lateral press
- Work on: Creating length on Lateral Line (lateral hip, oblique, thoracic spine)
A sample of one of the circuits for them to try at home
- 3 set of 45s work with 30s of rest
- Equipment: Towel
- Station 1: Single Leg Balance + Reach
- How?: Get into single leg balance postion with your left knee bending at 90 degree in the air. Reach your right hand toward your left feet while hinging on your right hip. extend your left legs toward the back. Return to starting position trying your best to not have your left feet touching the ground. Repeat for a set of 45s. And then perform the exercise on the other side.
- Work on: Strengthening Superficial Back Line/ Posterior Chain Muscle Group and balance
- Station 2:Towel Sliding Crunch
- How?: Get into supine plank position with both feet on the towel. Pushing down into the ground with your feet and bring the knee into the torso and then bring the body back to supine position while decelerating the motion.
- Work on: Core
- Station 3: Cross Lunge
- How?: Stand upright with feet together. Bring your right feet to your 7:o’clock with your right knee slight bent. At the same time, lunge down your left. And then return to starting position. Repeat for a set of 45s. And then perform the exercise on the other legs.
- Work on: Working on Functional Back Line/ Gluteus Maximus, Quads
- Station 4: Side plank with hip dip
- How?: Get into your side plank position on your right elbow. Dip your hip as close to the ground and then bring it as high as you can toward the ceiling. Repeat for a set of 45s. And then perform the exercise on the other side.
- Work on: Creating length on Lateral Line (hip) and core ( oblique)